Monday, February 26, 2007

Hey That Hurts



In this article about My Chemical Romance, the writer slaps down Jersey City:

To fully appreciate glam/goth pop-punk chart-toppers My Chemical Romance, it helps to understand where the band's leader grew up. Belleville, N.J., is a run-down blue-collar suburb sandwiched between Newark, which still hasn't recovered from the riots of 1968, and Jersey City, one of the ugliest and most corrupt burgs in America.

He goes on to talk about how ugly the Pulaski Skyway is, and the smoldering chemical plants underneath. A cinematic urbanscape, of the ugliest sort, and an inspiration to My Chemical Romance.

Yup, that's my drive to work. Hopefully it will inspire me as it has MCR. And I'll take those album sales, comforting them all the way to the bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home