Monday, April 16, 2007

Noah in the JC

I guess I live in a flood zone! Basement flooded, and Grand and Grove (the intersection nearest to two of the largest new buildings in the historic downtown section of JC) flooded up to 5 inches. I bet some cars got flooded...

Is it a water table thing - are we too low for the water to drain? That's physics, but I wasn't aware I lived in Amsterdam here.

Or is it just a bad drainage system thing? I'm inclined to believe we could fix this issue...

Either way, I'm thinking my favorite Taco place in JC (tacqueria) will be out of commission for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger eno said...

Grove and Grand - hit the worst. The Jersey City Reporter says that it might have been the antiquated sewers.

I still say those big developments going in on Grand Street might wat the city to take a good look at the sewer system!!!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home