Sunday, May 06, 2007

Kucinich Comes to Jersey City

Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich dined at the Brownstone Diner on Jersey Avenue on April 21. Some interesting points:

* Why do they put ages in every news article when they introduce someone? It's mostly irrelevant, until it's revealing, and then it's almost rude. For example: Dennis is 60, his wife is 29. Irrelevant, revealing and rude at the same time? It kind of seems that way to me!

She's 29!!! 29!!!! Tell EVERYONE!!!

* This guy has balls. He called for the impeachment of Cheney, the most evil man in America. He doesn't pull punches.

* It takes a certain kind of ignorance to be a fringe presidential candidate. Dennis says "I'm ready to president now," and "I think Democrats want someone who can win in November." I like this guy, but I don't think he's going to win, and if the Democrats winning was my number one concern, I wouldn't vote for him. But he has to believe in order to go through this ridiculous process, so nobody tell him he can't win. It's much better to have his ideas get out there with 'presidential candidate' attached to them for now.

* I love when articles sum up candidates' positions in a sentence. Dennis is into abolishing nuclear weapons, universal healthcare... and year-round pre-K education? That was the third bullet point the journalist decided on? This is why he can't be considered a serious candidate: some of his ideas are kind of out there. And they help invalidate the rest of his set of good ideas.

* Like reviving new-deal-like WPA projects around America. He says he was reminded of his vision to revive domestic work programs while driving up the 1 and 9 and seeing "crumbling infrastructure." Yeah, no shit - that's my freaking commute, and I've complained here before about my shocks going. Let's give some people jobs and save my shocks. Great idea!

* Dennis reads the bills he votes on. The bar is that low. We pat congressmen on the back for actually reading the bills before he votes on those bills and makes laws. What if the bar was that low at your workplace? We'd all be superstars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home