Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jersey City Needs New Streets

I can't think of a more blatant way to prove that OUR potholes are the BIGGEST.

State Senate Majority Leader Bernard Kenny fractured his face, leg and pelvis by stepping into a pothole while running this morning. While I certainly hope for a speedy recovery for the 60 year old state senator, I also cannot help but be angry about the state of our roads.


Can we get someone to fix these damn things? Maybe the good senator will do something about it once he recovers from his injuries...

And I don't mean this sort of "handy" form. I mean pave freaking Columbus Avenue for chrissakes. And Newark, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger eno said...

I really did not mean to be offensive in any way, would like to apologize if it seems that I am trivializing Mr Kenny's injuries. I wish him a full recovery and hope for the best.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Asian Kid A said...

I heard on Bloomberg that NJ one of the highest spenders when it comes to road repair, which makes you wonder sometimes what they are repairing exactly and how effective their spending is. Everywhere I go, there is road work going on and traffic has only gotten worse, not better.

12:21 PM  
Blogger eno said...

But the roads aren't even getting better! I mean Tonnelle, Newark, Columbus, Grand: The biggest, most important roads in JC are in the worst condition. Up to Union City, JFK gets worse and worse.

And yeah, it snows here and we salt the roads. So what, Jersey Govenerment, please keep the money away from the Mafia, or whomever is stealing your money and claiming they are fixing the roads. Cause the roads still suck!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home